Monday, January 30, 2012



Here are some pictures that illustrate the current state of my Inyo fbv seismometer. As you can see I have made a few (I hope, minor) alterations to the original. I have counterbored the screws in the base plate and have added three holes for possible future mounting arrangements when the instrument is put in a pressure sealed case. I also combined the two boom towers into a single piece because I do not like to mount thing with a single bolt.



I reversed the two bolts holding the spring tower so I don't have to look at the ends of the bolts sticking through from underneath. Less obviously I changed the screws on the clamps to 8-32 as #8 holes are easier to tap. Finally, I bolted the two steel parts together instead of welding them. This worked well as the magnet and coil assembly has a Gn of 16 N/A.

No comments: